11th & 25th January 2020
A two day course covering plaster mould making and slip casting techniques, for all levels. During the course you will learn to make two types of plaster moulds and use them to slip cast your own ceramic mugs. You will have the opportunity to decorate your pieces with underglaze and/or a selection of glazes.
Participants will make plaster moulds from a selection of mug shaped masters, a single piece drop-out mould for the mug and a two-part mould for the handle.
Using the plaster moulds made on day one, participants will slip cast into the moulds, then later assemble the cast parts to create a clay mug. Underglaze can be used at this stage to decorate the mug before it is bisque fired and participants will also have a choice of glazes to choose from which Anna will apply after the bisque firing outside of the workshop session.
- This course is suitable for Adults (18+) of all levels and abilities.
- Bookings and tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by Anna Jones.
- All materials, firing costs and postage (within the UK) are included in the cost of the ticket.
- This course runs on alternate Saturdays in January (14 days apart) from 10am - 4pm and participants must be able to attend both dates.
- There will be a break for lunch between 1pm and 2pm each day. Lunch is not provided but there are a number of great places in the nearby area.
- Participants will be able to make two mug within the time frame, which will be glazed and fired after the workshop in the studio kiln.
- Participants will get to keep their plaster moulds made in the workshop.
- All finished pieces will be posted out four weeks after the workshop or collected on request from the studio.
- Course takes place at the studio in Hackney Downs Studios, E8 2BT.